Day 761 Seasonal Swap

 

How lucky am I to have friends that bring me flowers for no reason, other than to see me smile? Various shades of pink, fragrant blossoms, fill my house with sweet aroma and beauty. Wasn't I just talking about people who have great gardening skills? Maybe my friend was showing off, color me dazzled by her gardening success, Dalias aren't easy.  Putting away summer clothes is enough of a chore, imagine having to dig up bulbs, store them in the basement only to replant them each spring?! That kind of gardening commitment is impressive and the amount of work that went into this little bouquet isn't lost on me. I spent a bit of time putting away clothes, trying to figure out if I need to pack away summer or if I can just pretend it will be here for a bit longer. The morning air reminds me on the daily that winter is coming, my winter robe has already come out. I suppose I should grab one of the dreaded bins and pack up my beach wear, shorts and fun sundresses along with my flip flops, but the thought of it makes me sad. With the official day of summer coming at me faster than I can handle, I planned a trip to see my friend Dawn and ease into fall under the Florida sunshine. Last year I was hardly able to visit her, with all Tims surgeries and my caregiving skills needed. I figure if I go early in the fall this year then another trip in the winter/spring will make sense and a winter trip may be needed.  Dawn and I talk on the phone every day, but somehow it just isn't the same as being together, hanging out. Traveling to her house is easy, I have everything I need there, my own bedroom, clothes in my closet and dresser, allowing me to walk onto the plane with nothing but my pocketbook. The airlines can be fussy about carryon bags and there's no way I'd ever pay to check a bag for a long weekend so traveling light is the way to go. Although, I may need to pack an item or two from my summer wardrobe....see why it shouldn't all be packed away! Maybe I'll think of my summer clothes as Dalias, carefully dig them up, pack them away and pull them out in the spring for a big splash of color. If people can do it for bulbs, I should be able to handle it for my clothes. I'll use my pretty bouquet for inspiration and see how far I get with the seasonal clothing swap...keeping a few summer items out, just in case. 

Comments

Popular Posts