Day 768 Maine

 


Woke up with my car packed, ready to roll for my trip to Maine. Planning my timing perfectly for a pickup in Portland at an airport I've never been to before. I arrived thirty minutes early, giving me enough time to stretch my legs after the three and a half hour drive. I walked up and down the airport corridors without seeing another human for the first fifteen minutes, not the busiest airport to say the least. Finally, a man appeared wearing an orange vest and began to walk outside for traffic duty, but not before letting me know that it was about to get crazy with flights coming in. I suppose we all have different ideas of what busy is. The airplane landed, (yes, just the one) a couple dozen people walked down to pick up their bags, in the only baggage claim carousel running, calmly found their bags and were on their way...I must have missed the crazy! My son and his girlfriend had flown in from DC, stepping off the plane and into an entirely different world. We grabbed breakfast, shopped at LL Bean then headed into Booth Bay for a bit of touristy shopping. When we finally arrived at our Air BnB we were thrilled to find the most amazing house waiting for us. The water views grew more and more spectacular as we walked through each room and explored the house. We quickly walked down to the dock, to check out the shoreline and within minutes had a bald eagle flying overhead. I had been curious to see if the house would have a sunrise or sunset view over the water and to my delight, it's a sunrise house! Before long, my youngest son and his wife arrived and the five of us enjoyed dinner and a game night. We're looking forward to kayaking, sipping coffee on the porch and watching out for another sighting of the beautiful bald eagle. I was proud that my first air BnB booking turned out so well, although I still find the concept kind of strange, lending your house is just a bit odd. Maine's motto is "Maine, the way life should be" a bold statement but they have the weekend to convince us. 

Comments

Popular Posts