Day 770 Family Time

 


The Motley crew...all dressed up. Holy cow do Look tall, I just be standing on a high spot along with wearing my tall shoes. To my right is my brother, Ward to my left Jennifer, mom and Chri. In real life, I'm about the same height as my sister, maybe an inch taller. The four of us were all born within five years so we are very close in age, although I'm sure it's clear, I'm the youngest. I'm the only sibling that remained in RI, also obviously the smartest. After a night of wedding festivities my brother Chri and his wife joined me and my kids at our air bnb house. The lazy mornings sitting on the dock, kayaking, watching our bald eagle friend fly overhead and sunbathing will be missed!!! We did manage to drag ourselves off for a hike, finding a great trail that lead down to another spectacular ocean view with a quintessential Maine scene of rocky shoreline and ocean splendor. We tramped through the woods chatting and laughing so loud that any possibility for viewing wildlife was lost. Once at the shoreline, we explored each tide pool, climbed onto the highest points and watched my brother Chri scale the face of one of the largest rocks showing off his skills and dazzling us all. After our hike we said our goodbyes and everyone began their journey home, missing out on the best lobster rolls ever! Leaving Maine without eating lobster just wouldn't be right, along with seeing a Maine lighthouse... we did that too. My son, his girlfriend and I went to my sisters air bnb for dinner and games with the few family members who were smart enough to stay an extra day. Her house, also on the water was beautiful and it gave me a chance to check out another rental option. Having never booked on the air bnb site prior to this trip I now know what questions to ask, Is there a sunrise or sunset view topping my list. Jennifer already had a few photos from the wedding photographer and from what I saw, my niece will be thrilled with them. My kids and I are thinking we'll have to rent a house next year, no wedding needed just a long weekend or more to all get together and enjoy time together..since my success with my first rental, I bet my next house will be even better, if that's possible. Looking forward to one more lazy morning on the dock, sipping coffee while watching the sunrise, listening to the water hit the rocks and the peaceful sounds of nature. Thankfully, my sister has three more kids, I'll be ready for the next wedding, the weekend adventure and the family time it brings. 

Comments

Popular Posts