Day 772 Swapping Indulgences

 


Welcome home roses, from my friend CJ, just because she missed me! I think Peps missed me too since she was on top of me kneading dough on my back at 4am. I was happy it was only her and not a squirrel. Home sweet home with lots of unpacking and household things to take care of. I started laundry, cleaned around a bit and was outside with my girls the minute the sun came up. My chickens all made it, first time I've gone away and not had something attack them. Tim had promised to keep them all alive, a bold statement, not sure if it was his confidence or his nightly vigil against predators but either way, my girls all made it through. CJ and Heather came by for a visit, walking in with flowers, desserts and drinks, adding to the  pizza and snacks I had out. Once we began talking time jumped three hours before we even noticed! By the time they left I crawled upstairs to bed, exhaustion kicking in from my travels. I laid in bed, pleased with the sound of silence, no critters on my rooftop or in my walls, still a bit freaked out by my visitor the other night. The cold night air is starting to feel like fall, there's just no stopping it. Along with the beauty of fall foliage comes seasonal allergies, sore throats, body and headaches, no fun. I'll be taking nightly meds to stay healthy as we roll into sweater weather, fingers crossed. The biggest news on the home front, my dreams for duel beach clubs. I often say we can have anything we want in life, just not everything we want. We need to be flexible and willing to make hard sacrifices when needed. I looked at the cost of the new club and came to the conclusion that we can swing it, especially if i give up our cleaning lady....I'm sure you felt that gut punch as you read those words! It makes good sense, both are indulgences not necessities so why not swap one for the other, even if it hurts. Oh, why do I have to be so darn sensible?! As I clean my house in the future, I'll play Jimmy Buffett in the back ground and dream of all the beach fun that lies ahead. Before all that, I've got fall festivities to enjoy, sweaters to wear,  pumpkins to carve and fall decor to pull out. Another official week of summer then on to Autumn living, New England style. Even if I have to clean it myself, it sure is nice to be home sweet home. 

Comments

Popular Posts