Day 775 No plans

 


A Friday night with no plans almost had Tim and I staying in...almost. Just when I thought I could put my PJ's on we were called to meet friends down the street at the local brewery. I don't drink beer and typically don't love the vibe of the venue with its concrete floors, geared towards college aged folks and dog lovers, all unable (more likely unwilling)  to go out for a beer without their pooches. All that said, it wasn't too bad this round. I enjoyed meeting Tims coworker, who I hear about daily. Putting a face to the stories  helps with the mental picture, although the reality rarely is the same face as what our imaginations conjure up. Tim works with younger guys, but don't tell him he's not their peer or point out he's old enough to be their dad. With one of these young guys calling us out, off we went, us old folks out for a stroll on a Friday night. The highlight of Tims night was when the bartender and owner of the brewery recognized him as Bridie's dad and refused to take his money, giving him free beer for the night (all of two beers). A live band was there playing cool tunes from the 70's and to our surprise, sounded decent in spite of the horrible acoustics. I wish I liked this brewery more, it's such a convenient walk from our house and could be a sweet spot for us...if only! Embracing our aging selves, we walked home well before 9pm and were nestled in our warm bed in a flash. After a long week, it was nice to have a quiet night with no plans...almost. Weekend ahead, housecleaning topping the list of festivities, oh boy, do we know how to have a good time! 

Comments

Popular Posts