Day 777 Winters Pre-Season

 

Girls night out for dinner and a show, a perfect way to close a weekend and say a sad so long to summer 2024. When Donna had asked me ages ago if I would join her and a couple of gals to see, A Beautiful Noise, at Providence Performing Arts Center, it was a quick yes! I was lucky enough (also smart enough) to have seen this show two years ago when it was Pre-Broadway in Boston. I'm not a Neal Diamond groupie and was never a big fan of his music but holy cow, it would be tough to see this play and not come out with admiration for him and his journey. The entire cast is spot on with amazing talent, singing, dancing and the biographical story line keeps you enthralled and eager to learn more. The lead actor, was apparently "noticed" while on American Idol in 2015 and is so good, once he starts singing, it's hard to believe that voice is coming out of someone other than Neal Diamond himself. The entire theatre on their feet at the end of the show, singing along and applauding the cast, arms in the air and voicing filling the theatre. I was pleased to find the show electrifying even after running for two years and would highly recommend this theatrical piece to everyone. Although, I admit my mind wandered a few times during the performance to the theatre etiquette book I continuously threaten to write. Each show I attend seems to add another page to my book!! How about NOT leaning forward, making your head appear twice it's size?! Also, along with hats, how about taking your glasses off your head so they don't pick up the glare from the stage lighting and blind the person behind you? I may need to take all my threats, put pen to paper and finally start writing my darn book! For the first time, I actually saw a page or two, with illustrations by non other than my very own Timothy. Wouldn't it be a fun winter project for the two of us? Now that it's officially Autumn, Winters Pre-Season, It might be good to have a task or two to keep us busy and see us through the chilly days hunkered down, inside. In honor of winters pre-season start I even wore a pretty print dress with fall colors, although, still not ready for closed toed shoes. The four of us gals had a fabulous dinner at Avvio in Garden City, as per Donna's suggestion.  Dinner and a show on any night is a great idea, but to ring in a new season, perfection. 

Comments

Popular Posts