Day 779 What's for Dinner?

 

What's for dinner? My dinner menu this week compliments of my neighbor, Bethany who happened to forget to cancel her Home Chef dinner delivery. Of course, I'll be heading out in a couple days, so looks like Tim will have a couple nice meals to make....guessing no one believed that! I am eager to try one of these Home Chef recipes, being a Hello Fresh meal plan gal myself. I'm often amazed at how many people have never tried any of these meal deliveries, they make life so much easier and I'm all about making things easier.  I typically order three meals a week, selecting my menu's weeks in advance and canceling delivery when I know I'll be away or too busy. Each box comes with prepackaged ingredients for each recipe, proteins packed between ice packs at the bottom of the box. Let's face it, trying to figure out what to make for dinner every single night for the rest of our lives can be challenging, why not make life easier?? Now if they could only send a tiny little chef inside the box that would jump out and cook my meals....where's my Robot?? Bethany picked all vegetarian options for her menus, not sure what's up with that but I'll give them a go. All in all, it looks pretty much the same as my Hello Fresh. I started using meal plans ages ago with Blue Apron and was very happy with the variety of offerings. Tim suggested we switch over and give Hello Fresh a try, they are all pretty much the same, so I haven't switched again. With three meals comes free delivery, making the three menu's for about $60 my standard order, not bad.  I select my meals out of at least a dozen options, always with a few fabulous looking up charge recipes I try to avoid. The recipes are easy to follow and there's no waste. Don't you hate it when a recipe calls for a bit of dill and you have to buy an entire container for a snippet? If you've never given a meal plan a try, do it, most of them offer a free trial box, but message me first, since I might get credit for recruiting folks into the home meal delivery cult....not sure what I get but guessing it's something! Hello Fresh is a great plan to start with and Fall/winter a great time to start. I skipped delivery almost all of the summer season due to my eating out and carrying on, cooking in is for colder months. The, "what's for dinner," question answered, at least for three nights a week. 

Comments

Popular Posts