Day 783 Seeing Stars


 Another fantastic day in the sunshine state. Dawn and I were akin to a couple of lizards, basking in the hot sun all day long. Unlike lizards, we cooled off in the pool when it got too hot, rotating our bodies as if on a rotisserie. Dawns Italian skin tans up in about 3 minutes, while my English, French complexion requires much longer to tan, but I try to keep up. It’s amazing how exhausting it can be to lounge around and by 2pm I went in for a shot of espresso to keep me up for dinner. We showered, dressed and were off to dinner in no time to meet up with dear friends, Paul and Jill. I met them through Dawn about 15 years ago and we hit it off immediately. Jill and I would walk together each morning of my visit, but since Dawn moved we haven’t had a walk in years! I was thrilled to see them both, looking fantastic and happy as ever. I was eager to hear all about Jill’s new podcast show, “Worth the Price of Admission”, a perfect fit for her. She even interviewed Tony Orlando…never realizing that back in RI, I sing his songs at every Karaoke party I attend. I can’t say I sing them well, but what I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm. Jill told me I’ll have to send her a video of my performance so she can share it with the man himself! Oh boy! I’m not sure if he’d be complimented by my rendition or cringe… I’ll have to practice up a bit. After a wonderful dinner and visit with friends, we drove home listening to 70’s music and watching the night stars…inside Dawns car! Her car’s ceiling lights up beautifully with stars and if you watch closely you’ll even see a shooting star now and then…color me impressed. I suppose for the cost of a Rolls Royce, one should expect to see stars. We arrived home to find a frog in the pool and sat, watching Richie as he scooped it out and carefully placed it on safe ground. Our plans for a night swim were again dashed as we drank one last glass of wine before calling it a night. After all, we need to rest up for another day of lounging about. 

Comments

Popular Posts