Day 791 Victorious

 

Thank goodness for great friends and good vibes! Melissa texted before 7am, ready for a walk and I couldn't get outside fast enough. The cold air (in the 40's) felt great as set out on our morning sunrise stroll. We hashed out all the injustices of the world and by the time we arrived back at my house, we were refreshed and ready for a new day. Donna was waiting on me to pick her up, prepared for another round of thrifting. I was slightly amazed she joined me again, but happy to see her give it a chance. She found a great faux fur vest that looked amazing on and will be perfect during this season. I found all kinds of treasures, some days the thrifting gods just seem to shine down on me. We both left the thrift store as if we had scored big and were off to play a bit of Mahjong at the beach club. I've been playing weekly, so warned the gals at my table that I had been practicing... a good thing, since I won..and won and won again! All in all we played seven games, Donna winning one and me claiming victory on six!!! Seriously, what the heck was that? I'd like to brag and say I'm just that good, but the right tiles just seemed to find their way into my hand...again and again. I'm trying to recruit several new players, including Tim, who's now a bit intimidated by my skills (as he should be). Like anything, the more you practice the better you become and with the cold winter months heading our way, why not? You'll notice what I didn't do...unpack from Florida and repack for Atlanta, ugh. My suitcase is now mocking me as it sits in the middle of my dining room floor, filled with tropical clothing from my last trip, waiting...and waiting. I'll have no choice but to deal with it tomorrow, leaving super early Tuesday for my next jaunt. Once again, Tim will be holding down the home front, caring for Peps and of course all the girls. He's become accustomed to arriving home from work and quickly heading out to the coop to collect eggs and give a few treats to our girls. I'm glad he's home early enough to take over the afternoon chores, especially as the days get shorter. Not sure if I was tired, or just avoiding that darn suitcase but I couldn't get into bed fast enough.  I laid in bed, feeling grateful, thankful for a day with nothing but good vibes, great friends and victorious game play. 

Comments

Popular Posts