Day 908 Weight Distribution

 

Vacation prep at warp speed, getting all the final details checked off! I was up and at it early, bringing trash to the dump, picking up meds at CVS, banking and of course my pedicure. Bringing in wood pellets for the stove before the rain came gave me more of a workout than I bargained for. The bags are each 50 lbs and after carrying in over a dozen at top speed, my shoulders felt it! I washed any remaining laundry, dishes and cleaned up around the house before sitting down and taking a break. Tim arrived home and finally decided it was time to pack, Although, watching him pack and search for wanted items was as painful as watching paint dry. Once he had his belongings inside his side of the suitcase we were finally able to weigh it, but not pleased at the ten lbs over the limit!!! Rather than discarding items we've already decided on packing, I grabbed a small suitcase to bring and altered packed items for weight distribution. I hate to pack to the brim, since there's always souvenirs to pack on the way home, looks like we'll have to limit our purchases to small items! Carole and Ray landed in Florida and began texting me from Miami with their choice for our Saturday night fun. They selected a super cool restaurant in South Beach that has dinner and dancing as well as a show! Tim says vacation doesn't begin until we step foot into our hotel, I totally disagree. The adventure has already begun for me, the prep and journey are all part of it..and of course, the anticipation! With suitcases packed, we're ready to go! Next stop, Miami :)

Comments

Popular Posts