Motivators

Some people just go together like peanut butter and jelly! Betsy and I seem to have met and meshed together instantly through our shared love of Mahjong. Yup...we even wear matching outfits more often than any two adults probably should! It's become our thing, and honestly, we have way too much fun with it.

When we blend our ideas, great things happen. We are certainly very different people, but somehow we complement one another perfectly, each propelling the other to do more than we ever would on our own. I come up with some crazy idea, and she's all in. She throws an idea my way, and I'm immediately on board. Before we know it, one idea turns into five more, and the possibilities seem endless.

The funny thing is, I honestly don't even remember meeting Betsy. I don't remember a first conversation or how we were introduced. It simply feels like we were instantly friends. Some people are just that way. They walk into your life, and it feels as though they've been there all along.

If you really want to know someone's character, sit down and play a strategic game with them. There's no hiding your level of intelligence, your sense of humor, your patience, your competitiveness, or your overall character while playing. Games have a funny way of revealing who people really are. It also becomes pretty obvious who you naturally mesh with and who you don't, and that's one of the unexpected gifts of Mahjong.

I've always been known for having different "pods" of friends from all walks of life, and now I've happily added another pod, my Mahjong crew. We share a love of gaming, connection, laughter, and simply enjoying each other's company. What started as learning a game has grown into genuine friendships, and I'm so thankful to have added so many fantastic people to my circle, people I never would have met if it weren't for a table full of tiles.

So let the tiles fly, keep the matching outfits coming, and never underestimate the friendships waiting to be found over a game of Mahjong. Sometimes the best part of the game isn't winning...it's the people sitting around the table with you...although winning is pretty sweet too! 

So cheers to my motivator... and to my ever growing Mahjong pod. 

"The best kind of friendship is the one that makes you a better version of yourself." — Unknown

Comments

Popular Posts