Fashion Fail

Another beach day that rolled into a beach night... yes, I’m trying to embrace every single minute of summer that I can before settling into fall, which somehow turns into winter in a red-hot minute!

I must admit, I felt a bit of a fashion fail when I just dug these awesome white linen palazzo pants out from the depths of my summer clothes. They’ve been overlooked all summer, and here we are, almost at the end, just one week before Labor Day, and I just found them! So don’t mind me if I wear them four more times before the week is over!

Tim and I had a great beach day, with him joining me much earlier than he typically enjoys. We basked in the sunshine, chatting with my sister and brother-in-law before packing up and getting ourselves ready for a birthday dinner for my grandson and son-in-law. I’m not sure how my grand kids get so old so fast!

After dinner, we headed to our beach club for another night filled with live music. It was so chilly that the air had a crisp, fall-like feel as we threw on sweaters and sweatshirts, refusing to give in and go inside. Fortunately, a little dancing warmed us up, and when our friends joined us, they somehow gave us all a second wind... and we ended up closing down the club!

I’ve turned down invites left and right in favor of my nights at the beach. I just can’t seem to pry myself away from it while it lasts. The weekends seem to go by so quickly. I remember sitting in a school classroom, watching the clock tick slowly and feeling as if time were standing still. These days, time seems to flash by before I can even catch up.

Maybe that just means I’m having fun... and if that’s the case, I’m going to keep soaking up every sunset, every song, every dance, and yes, every remaining opportunity to wear those white linen pants. Summer may be slipping away, but I’m not letting it go without enjoying every last minute I can.

“And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling. ~ Shanti

Comments

Popular Posts