Gamers

Me and my beautiful, fancy friend Kristen in her backyard… not a bad view! 

Kristen and I have been friends for ages, ever since I had her kids in my toddler dance programs years ago. Now that all the kids are grown, she's starting to embrace a little more free time, and, of course, Mahjong! She's smart to plan a winter activity now. Having a game to call friends over to play on those cold, dreary winter nights will help get us all through!

I haven't mentioned the big Maroon 5 concert on Narragansett Beach this past weekend. I knew when I booked my trip to NYC that I'd be missing it, and I was perfectly happy with my plans. Ten years ago, Tim and I went to the Lenny Kravitz concert and had a blast, but this year it had been so heavily publicized that everyone knew it would draw massive crowds. Of course, a large group of my friends were invited to the actual party, Kristen included. So now, as I open social media, all my friends are posting pictures from inside the inner circle of the party, and I'm left wondering how on earth I've never met the man hosting it! He and I clearly have a very similar core group of friends… so what the heck? 

Isn't it funny how you can live in a community for years and never meet someone, while other people seem to cross your path constantly? Life has a funny way of connecting us, and sometimes, those connections come full circle in the most unexpected ways.

I'm eternally thankful for the friends I've gathered throughout the years, first through teaching dance to their children and now through teaching many of them Mahjong. I'll be teaching throughout the winter two nights a week, and although it may be dark and dreary outside, inside we'll be as happy as clams with our little group of gamers.

I may just need to host a Mahjong party at my place soon! After all, the card players of the world don't know what they're missing! 

“There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” — Thomas Aquinas

Comments

Popular Posts