packaging

New sheets arrived just like this...no packaging needed, apparently! Tim looked out the front door, and there they were. What’s up with that? Can I get a box?
Interestingly enough, when I order mascara, it comes in a box bigger than a shoebox, filled with enough paper to cushion a tiny little tube of makeup. So who determines what needs a box and what doesn’t? Our new TV arrived just like the sheets, no coverage at all, and sat outside our front door for all to see. Kind of strange. It’s no wonder we all need cameras these days; it’s as if we’re practically chumming the waters for criminals right at our front doors!
Thankfully, the sheets made it safely inside and are in the wash as I write this. They’re 100% cotton percale, because soft and comfy is the only way to go. I like to get a print, too. Somehow, making the bed is just a little more enjoyable when there are pretty flowers involved, and waking up to flowers is never a bad thing.
Our new bed should be arriving soon, and then Tim will have the pleasure of putting it together. No doubt that will be a challenge, but I’m sure it will be worth it once we’re sleeping in it. One more project to check off the list!
But back to the front door...
I used to have a sign on my milk box asking Amazon to leave packages inside. Maybe it’s time to bring that back, especially with these crazy, completely unpackaged deliveries. I might even invest in a bigger bin to keep at the front door. It seems like a pretty good idea to give everything we order a little protection from the winter elements, especially when we know there will be plenty more packages headed our way!
I almost started cleaning my second upstairs room last night, but instead, I made the smart choice to finish what I had already started. I dove into all the dresser drawers and tackled my closet, bagging up anything I could possibly part with. Two garbage bags later, I was already feeling lighter.
The dresser drawers are looking pretty good, but the closet still needs another round of purging before I can officially call it done. Then, and only then, can I move on to the next room.
This is not going to be an easy task, but I’m motivated to get it done this fall. There’s something satisfying about slowly clearing out the things we no longer need and making space for the things we truly enjoy. One room, one drawer, one package at a time, I’m getting there. For this maximalist, this is no easy task.
And if a pretty new sheets, a new bed, and a little less clutter make the journey more comfortable, I’ll happily call that progress...and of course, there will be some type of prize when I finish...not sure yet what, but prizes are always a good idea!
“The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” — Joshua Becker

Comments
Post a Comment