Work hard play hard

I woke up to a cloudy, overcast morning, so I decided to tackle my bedroom, not just a quick clean, but a deep clean and rearrange. I scrubbed baseboards, washed curtains, and even had Tim help me take apart our bed frame so we could remove it and make room for another option…maybe soon to be a new split king adjustable bed. Who knows?!
I moved furniture around, vacuumed, dusted, washed all the bedding, and temporarily set up our box spring and mattress right on the floor. For the moment, we're sleeping like a couple of college kids. Nothing says “grown-up” quite like a mattress on the floor after spending the day scrubbing baseboards!
I have it in my mind to methodically go room by room, deep cleaning and organizing every space before winter sets in. Good luck to me! The rest of the upstairs is currently a disaster, especially with all the nonsense I removed from our bedroom, but that's work for another day.
Besides, the beach was calling.
We arrived at the beach club to the sounds of live music and plenty of laughter and chatter around the tiki bar. The band playing was fantastic, and when a little rain shower passed through, they simply set up a tent over the musicians and kept right on playing. The rain lasted only a few minutes before the skies cleared and rewarded us with a beautiful rainbow stretching across the ocean.
Maybe the beach really is my very own pot of gold.
When the band finished, karaoke was set up, and immediately there was a long list of performers waiting in queue. Oh, what silly fun it is to sing along with a gaggle of gals, all of us belting out the lyrics whether we actually know them or not. There is something wonderfully liberating about singing badly with people who don't care how badly they're singing either...not that we were bad or anything!
I hadn't planned on closing down the club again, but Tim and I seem to enjoy our party life way too much to leave when the fun is still going. And after all…I had worked hard all day, so why not?!
I made sure to remind Tim that once we got home, he needed to leave enough time for a shower. There was no chance I was letting sandy feet or dirty bodies anywhere near that freshly made bed!
And so, my day went from deep cleaning and rearranging to sandy feet, live music, karaoke and a rainbow over the ocean. Maybe that's the secret to a good life, not getting everything done, but knowing when to put down the cleaning supplies and go chase a little fun.
After all, there will always be another room to clean tomorrow. The beach, however, has a way of reminding me that some moments are worth leaving the mess behind for.
“A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.” ~ Roald Dahl


Comments
Post a Comment